RF Microneedling: Collagen Induction Therapy
How Does RF Microneedling Work?
RF Microneedling is a cosmetic procedure that involves using a device with ultra-thin sterile needles to create micro-punctures in the skin. The radiofrequency energy is then released into the skin. These punctures stimulate the body’s natural healing response, leading to increased production of collagen and elastin, tighter skin, and reduced appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, stretch marks, and acne scars.
Traditional microneedling delivers positive results over a few treatments, but RF microneedling is even faster and more effective. RF microneedling adds radiofrequency energy to further enhance skin tightening, scar, and wrinkle reduction. The heat stimulates further production of collagen, and the depth of its application can also be adjusted to reach deeper layers of the dermis.
Benefits of RF Microneedling
Microneedling is a growing popular technique that improves various skin concerns such as scars (including acne scars), fine lines, wrinkles, enlarged pores, uneven skin tone, skin elasticity, stretch marks, and hair growth. Compared to laser therapy, microneedling is less expensive and may work better for some people.
Approximately 30 to 45 minutes before the procedure, a topical anesthetic is applied to numb the skin. A pen-like tool with tiny sterilized needles will then make small pricks under the skin. The procedure takes around 30 minutes, and growth serums or calming treatments may be applied afterward. The average microneedling session lasts approximately 2 hours.
Avoid sun exposure, skin care products with alpha-hydroxy acids, retinol, makeup, and sweating for the first week of recovery. Staying hydrated and using hyaluronic acid, cooling mask, and collagen-stimulating peptides can help your skin heal. Use Sunscreen!
RF Microneedling is a professional procedure that induces skin rejuvenation by creating small punctures in the skin, stimulating the body’s natural healing response. Results may vary based on the severity of the skin concern, its location, and the treatment plan used. While derma rollers work under the same principle as microneedling, they don’t penetrate the skin as deeply as microneedling does.
Benefits for PRP in Microneedling with RF
Microneedling with RF, or radiofrequency, is a non-invasive skin rejuvenation treatment that combines two powerful technologies to reduce the signs of aging and improve the overall health and appearance of the skin.
PRP, or platelet-rich plasma, is a natural substance that is derived from a patient’s own blood. It contains a high concentration of growth factors and other proteins that are essential for healing and regeneration.
When PRP is combined with RF Microneedling, it helps to amplify the benefits of the treatment by providing the skin with a powerful dose of nutrients and growth factors that can help to:
1. Stimulate collagen production: Collagen is a protein that is responsible for keeping the skin firm, smooth, and youthful-looking. RF Microneedling and PRP helps to stimulate the production of collagen, which can improve the texture and tone of the skin.
2. Boost cell regeneration: PRP contains growth factors that can help to stimulate the regeneration of skin cells, which can help to improve the overall health and appearance of the skin.
3. Reduce inflammation: RF Microneedling and PRP can help to reduce inflammation in the skin, which can be particularly helpful for those who struggle with acne or other inflammatory skin conditions.
4. Enhance product absorption: RF Microneedling and PRP can help to enhance the absorption of skincare products, allowing them to penetrate deeper into the skin and provide more effective results.
Overall, the combination of RF Microneedling and PRP is a powerful treatment that can help to rejuvenate the skin and reduce the signs of aging, while improving the overall health of the skin.
Benefits of cold hammer treatment:
1. Reduces inflammation: The cold temperature of the hammer helps to reduce inflammation and redness after a facial treatment.
2. Improves blood circulation: The cold hammer promotes blood circulation, which further helps to deliver nutrients and oxygen to the skin cells for healthy functioning.
3. Shrinks pores: The cold temperature of the hammer helps to tighten and reduce the appearance of pores.
4. Soothes the skin: The cold sensation of the hammer is soothing and calming to the skin, making it an excellent addition to a facial massage.
Benefits of microneedling with radiofrequency treatment:
1. Stimulates collagen production: Microneedling with radiofrequency triggers the production of collagen and elastin, which improves skin texture and firmness.
2. Reduces fine lines and wrinkles: The treatment helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles by tightening and firming the skin.
3. Minimizes scars: Microneedling with radiofrequency is effective in reducing the appearance of scars caused by acne, surgery, or injury.
4. Improves skin tone and texture: The treatment helps to improve skin tone and texture, making it look smoother and more youthful.
Combining both treatments can enhance the benefits even further, providing a complete facial treatment that provides soothing, rejuvenating, and restoring benefits to the skin.
Conditions That Would Mean You Were Not Able to Have RF Microneedling:
The following conditions would render you ineligible treatment:
• Cancer (all forms)
• Undergoing chemotherapy or immune therapy
• Uncontrolled high blood pressure
• Uncontrolled diabetes
• Prednisone and other steroid medications
• Heart problems or diseases
• Kidney damage, diseases, or problems
• Liver damage, diseases, or problems
• Hemorrhagic disease, trauma, or bleeding
• Numbness or insensitivity to heat
• Active implanted devices such as pacemakers or defibrillators
Conditions That Need a Doctor’s Letter to Confirm the Treatment is Suitable Before Treatments Can Begin
The conditions listed below require a doctor’s approval before proceeding with RF Microneedling treatment:
• Transplant Anti-Rejection Drugs
• Thyroid Disease
• Heart Disease
• Treated Hypertension (high blood pressure)
• Cancer (12 months post-treatment)
The List Below Specifies Things That Require a Waiting Period Until You Can Start Treatments:
• Recent surgery (wait 6 months)
• Recent scars (wait 6 months)
• Open lesions (avoid area)
• Skin diseases (avoid area)
• Infection (avoid area)
• Antibiotics (wait until course completed)
• Inflammation (avoid area)
• Varicose veins (avoid area)
• Prosthesis/silicone implants (avoid area)
• Metal implants/screws (avoid area)
• Metal contraceptive coil (avoid area)
• Depilatory creams (wait 2 weeks)
• Areas being treated with IPL or Laser (wait 2 weeks)
• Areas being treated with Botox® (wait 3 months) or dermal fillers (wait 2 weeks)
• Suntan (sun must be avoided the entire duration of the treatment regime)
• Chronic inflammation (depending on the severity of chronic inflammatory conditions – consider that treatment will increase inflammation and anti-inflammatory medications reduce the effectiveness of the treatment – please discuss with your doctor first.